This is not an exhaustive list, but below is a collection of resources that we at Hundredfold have found to be very helpful. We’d like this list to continue to grow, so If you have any favorite books or websites that you think should be added, please let us know.
- Alternative Energy Institute
- Home Power: The Hands-On Journal of Home-Made Power
- Backwoods Solar Electric Systems
- Solar Today magazine
- Alternative Energy Sources
Community Supported Agriculture
- Community Supported Agriculture of North America
- Alternative Farming Systems Information System –CSA
- The Green Building Alliance
- Solar Strategies Development Corporation
- Interon PowerSewer
- Green Furniture Guide
- Going Green in Your Home
- Soil Foodweb Inc.: The Lab Measuring The Life In Your Soil
- Rodale Institute
- Grow Biointensive Workshops
- The Rocky Mountain Institute
- Resources for Environmental & Sustainability Studies
- Environmentally Friendly Cars
Offline Resources (you know, books)
- Jago, Jeffery. Achieving Energy Independence – One Step at a Time. Gum Spring, Virginia: Dunimis Technology, 1999.
- Kachadorian, James. The Passive Solar Home Book. White River Junction, Vermont: Chelsea Green Publishing, 1997.
- Norwood, Ken and Kathleen Smith. Rebuilding Community in America: Housing for Ecological Living, Personal Empowerment, and the New Extended Family. Berkley, CA.: Shared Living Resource Center, 1995.
Community Supported Agriculture
- Gregson, Bob and Bonnie Gegson. Rebirth of the Small Family Farm: A Handbook for Starting a Successful Organic Farm Based on the Concepts of Community Supported Agriculture. Vashon Island, Washington: Island Meadow Farm, 1996.
- Chappell, Steve (Ed.). The Alternative Building Sourcebook for Traditional, Natural and Sustainable Building Products and Services. Brownfield, Maine: Fox Maple Press, 1998.
- Del Porto, David and Carol Steinfield. The Composting Toilet System Book. Concord, Massachusetts: The Center for Ecological Pollution Prevention, 2000.
- McClintock, Mike. Alternative Housebuilding. New York: Sterling Publishing, 1989.
- Kaner, Sam, Lenny Lind, Catherine Toldi, Sarah Fisk and Duane Berger. Facilitator’s Guide to Participatory Decision-Making. Gabriola Island, B.C. Canada: New Society Publishers, 1996.
- Communities Directory: A Guide To Cooperative Living. Rutledge, Missouri: Fellowship for Intentional Community, 1996.
- Hanson, Chris. The Cohousing Book. Building a Place for Community. Point Roberts, WA.:Hartley & Marks Publishers, 1996.
- McCamant, Kathryn, and Charles Durrett, with Ellen Hertzman. Cohousing: A Contemporary Approach to Housing Ourselves. Berkley, CA.: Ten Speed Press, 1994.
- Bradley, Fern M., and Barbara Ellis, eds. Rodale’s All-New Encyclopedia of Organic Gardening. The Indispensable Resource for Every Gardener. Emmaus, PA.:Rodale Press, 1997.
- Jeavons, John. How to Grow More Vegetables, 5th Ed. Berkley, CA.: Ten Speed Press, 1995.
- Mollison, Bill. Permaculture: A Designers’Manual. Tyalgum, Australia: Tagari Publications, 1997.
- Mollison, Bill and Reny Mia Slay. Introduction to Permaculture. Tyalgum, Australia: Tagari Publications, 1997.
- Luhrs, Janet. The Simple Living Guide: A Sourcebook for Less Stressful, More Joyful Living. New York: Broadway Books, 1997.
- Menzel, Peter. Material World: A Global Family Portrait. San Francisco: Sierra Club Books, 1995.
- Wackernagel, Mathis, and William Rees. Our Ecological Footprint: Reducing Human Impact on the Earth. Gabriola Island, B.C. Canada: New Society Publishers, 1996.